Sunday, June 10, 2012

AND ONE-S.T.O.P.


Synthetic Symphony / SPV
2012

Among my many hidden secrets, which I will slowly but carefully share with you all over time, is a love for bands like
Depeche Mode and The Pet Shop Boys. Maybe it isn't much of a stretch since I admit to having grown into acts like N.I.N. and Ministry in high school, but electronic club music? Well, I do like it now and then. Mind you I have never been and (sorry future potential dates) will never be the type to go "clubbing". Unless we are talking about clubbing zombies, but that is a different topic for a different time. With And One I honestly had no idea who or what I was in store for. By the fellow artists that sat alongside I expected this to be some sort of well, rock or metal. So, to be exposed to Electronic body music (EBM for short and yes I only found out about the term after searching for And One online) was a new trip. From the way they make it sound (the sources online) it is supposed to be a hybrid of electronic dance music and industrial music. Granted And One are more then just EBM (or at least I'm guessing they are as this is my first EBM exposure) as they mix in New Wave and synthpop. So, what does all of that mean? Well, if you take Depeche Mood (an obvious influence) and add in a slight nod towards The Pet Shop Boys and finish it of with some hints at old-school industrial love (especially in the arrangements) you have a good idea what And One offer. Obviously this being a hard rock and heavy metal blog site first and foremost it stands to reason that not everyone will get into a band like this. That is fine. Those that appreciate this kind of thing though might take a gamble though. And One offer an interesting take on electronic music and while it isn't something I would rush out and buy it does have it's charms.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous scott whitt said...

Have you heard Pin Up Went Down? Great mix if electronic with heavy stuff. Plus lots of sex talk

6:32 PM  
Blogger Andy said...

No I have not. Not sure about the sex talk bit as I am getting a little old for that kind of thing, but heavy and electronic sounds good.

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home