Friday, December 11, 2009

Hardlein-Down to the fire

Photobucket
Self-produced
2009



If I had a dime for every CD I heard this year by a band that sounded like AC/DC then I would uh.. well I would be richer than I was at the start of this year. Louisville, Kentucky's Hardlein definite have a lot of those simple AC/DC riffs at the core of their music. Fortunately they start with that sound, but it's certainly not where they end. They take that basic groove and build upon it with layered melodies and give a display of power and skill. This is mid-80's style hard rock complete with loud blasts of pure rock and plenty of swagger to top things off. They possess a fantastic sense of control and rhythm. Along with the AC/DC comparisons I also here some 80's KISS swirled in here and there too. Just when I think I know where they are heading it changes and they build their songs up even stronger than I thought possible. The production is everything it needs to be as the finished sound is sharp and fresh. So Hardlein ended up be far more than I figured they would be. These guys have been around for four years and have worked hard at playing shows and getting their music out to the fans. It will be interesting to see where they go from here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home