Friday, September 18, 2009

Favorite and least favorite Iron Maiden albums

Photobucket
My favorite album is definitely "The number of the beast". Slightly different from the previous and following albums. Perhaps one of if not their most diverse albums.
Photobucket
Now for least favorite I think that "No prayer for the dying" was the first album that showed some cracks in the armor. In fact it ended their consistent streak of great albums and the 90's in general was not a kind decade for Maiden. I'll go with "Virtual XI" as the worst though. Blaze Bayley was not a god fit for Maiden and the music was surprisingly lame this time around.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Woody said...

This is a tough question. The first 2 are definitely my favorites. Killers might be the better album but I listen to the first one more.

As far as least fave, I lost interest after Number of the Beast. There's a bunch of them I've never even heard but I remember really not liking the one with the Bladerunner cover.

7:01 AM  
Blogger FilmFather said...

Gotta agree with you on Number as my favorite, with Killers and Piece of Mind tied for second.

I lost interest in Maiden after No Prayer for the Dying - so in a way, I guess I thought THAT was their worst album...?

10:34 AM  
Blogger bob_vinyl said...

Piece of Mind is my favorite, but only beats out Number and Powerslave by a hair.

I never heard the Blaze Bayley albums, so, in my mind, there really aren't any bad ones. However, by Maiden's standards, neither No Prayer nor Fear fof the Dark were up to snuff. I think Fear is just a tad worse, but it's close.

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fave: Powerslave

Least Fave: Virtual XI

6:13 AM  
Blogger Patrick said...

Fave: Killers
Worst: The X Factor

But to be honest, I like every Maiden album at least a bit. Having seen Blaze sing with them in 1995, I actually thought he was a good frontman. Glad they got Bruce back though. I thought Brave New World was an awesome comeback album.

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home