Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Blackout-Evil Game

Photobucket
Metal Mind

1984/2009



I know that I saw this album cover at some point in time in the back of some a stack of albums. It didn't impact me enough to buy it at the time, but something about must have made an impact because I remembered it. I knew nothing of the band or the music, but then I saw that Metal Mind was re-issuing it so I was interested. These guys were from Holland and originally came together as Godzilla back in 1983. They also started out their existence playing pop-rock. However, they soon decided that this angel was not working for them and they switched to metal. Good thing for us because a year later they knocked out this album. Even though they are from Holland, they still play a style similar to what was going on in the UK around the time. They may be a little more into melodies, but this is still a straight on assault of metal and hard rock not far off from NOWBHM acts. I can hear some Scorpions, Judas Priest and even a little Van Halen in their sound. Nothing completely different, but they fit in with the huge majority of metal that was pouring out of the time. I was instantly hooked even though I had heard this style many times before. They don't overstay their welcome and blend together a sound that pulls from both the late 1970's and the early 1980's yet they do not sound dated. I wish I had known how good they were back then when I viewed the black and white cover with the green snakes facing one another. At least the good folks at Metal Mind have re-issued it complete with a lyric book. So now I can enjoy this gem that I flippe past those many years ago.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Jay Noel said...

Oh man...that is a KICK ASS cover. Metal out of Holland? Tough to imagine for the non-educated as myself.

Did they wear wooden shoes?

1:34 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

No to the wooden shoes.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Axeman67 said...

Many great classics unheralded classics in the early eighties!! Thrust-Fist Held High, Overdrive-Swords And Axes and Jaguar-Powers games, to name a few!! \m/

7:55 PM  
Blogger peterkreator said...

Great old school metal!

11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home