Saturday, August 25, 2007

What's coming up?

That's going to wrap it up for AC/DC week. Hope you enjoyed it. I hope to do "1980's EP week" for my theme week next month. I left work early today to get a haircut because my hair was starting to make me look like a mad scientist. After that I made a trip to the record store today for maybe just the second time this summer. I scored some cool finds too. I got used copies of Electric Wizard's Let us Prey (stoner gods) and Warhorse's Red Sea (early 70's release featuring former Deep Purple bassist Nick Simper). I also picked up Airbourne's Runnin' Wild because I had heard good things about it over at hard rock hideout.. A little expensive, but a good release for sure. This week I hope to have out the following.

-Judge the album (likely on Sunday)
-Bad lyric day
-Heavy Metal jukebox
-My take on the Van Halen reunion
-Sepultura-Beneath the remains review
-KISS-KISSOLOGY vol. 2 DVD review

***Have a great week and enjoy the last days of Summer.

4 Comments:

Blogger captain corky said...

I hope by now you get a discount at the record store and the guy or girl behind the counter should be on a first name basis with you.

Have a great weekend dude!

5:30 AM  
Blogger Hard Rock Hideout said...

Cool....glad to hear you picked up Airbourne. I think that is one disc that is going to catch on big time.


Rob Rockitt
Hard Rock Hideout

12:04 PM  
Blogger aXe mAn said...

I am looking forward to the new KISS dvd review, because I have been debating whether or not to get it.
I always enjoy the Heavy Metal Jukebox as well.

Have a great week Mark!

5:10 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Captain Corky-They should, but I don't think they are impressed by some old geezer who buys pretty much nothing but metal.

HRH-Along with Rhinobucket's debut and the Four Horsemen's Nobody said it was easy, I think the Airbourne disc is one of the best AC/DC inspired discs I have heard.

Axe Man-I am still wading through the KISS set because there is so much material there.

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home