Monday, June 12, 2006

Urine the jungle, baby!

Guns and Roses had bottles of urine thrown at them at the Download festival the other day. you can read more about it at Metal Sludge here.

http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1328&Itemid=42

I guess the good news if you are G-n-R is:
-Your odds of getting hit are less than if you were in a normal band that only had 4-5 members.
-They reportedly do numerous costume changes as it is so they have extra clothes in case the clothes get covered in pee.
-It couldn't get much worse. Unless of course they start flinging poo like monkeys in the zoo.

Honestly if you promise something (like an album) and don't deliver then you shouldn't expect to be welcomed with open arms. They didn't deserve this, but it is kind of funny.

9 Comments:

Blogger UnHoly Diver said...

I guarantee you that Axl got "pissed" off...

7:33 AM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

I figured Axl would throw it back. BTW, excellent title for your post.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Bruce-I am sure.

Fred-I bet he was surprised by it though.

Steve-I heard they were a tough crowd. Apparently Metallica got a good response.

Fuzz-I think Axl is trying very hard to be on his best behavior this tour.

Mimi-A few years ago he would have or jumped in the crowd and start a fight.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

they "cried all the way to the bank"

3:13 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

wow... shows you how long it has been since i made my blog rounds... you've totally changed the joint since i've been here... coooool

3:57 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Jim-Welcome and I am sure they did.

Amy-Thanks.

5:32 PM  
Blogger David Amulet said...

I'm with Fred here. Axl has asked for this.

-- david

7:02 PM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

I have to admit that if I was at this festival and someone handed me an empty bottle and said "Fill 'er up and see if you can bounce it off of Axl's plastic face" that I very well might do it.

8:00 PM  
Blogger CRAIG said...

Interseting story although surprisingly it isn't the first story to involve the words "Guns n' Roses" and "urine".

While supporting GNR in the early 90s Faith No More were assaulted with various kinds of bottles during a set in Spain. One bottle was full of urine. Mike Patton, who had already peed in one of Axl's bottles of orange juice earlier in the tour, opened the bottle, jumped up on Axl's monitor and dumped the contents over his head.

FNM keyboardist Roddy Bottum has said that it was the best show that FNM ever played.

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home