Monday, May 22, 2006

Will play anywhere

Remember that part from This Spinal Tap where they play as support for that puppet show? Yes, that was funny, but now a lot of 80's metal bands are probably having to play at places that are not a whole lot better. I recently saw that Tracii Guns and original LA Guns singer Paul Black were playing some club in Gaithersburg, Maryland which is and hour or so from where I live. I have never heard of too many hard rock bands playing there. Former Kix singer Steve Whiteman's current band Funny Money have played at Genova's Pizza which is near where I live and it's not that big. I happened to be looking at Stephen Pearcy's website and saw that he is scheduled to play the Paducah Summer Festival in Paducah, Kentucky this summer. I lived in Kentucky for a few years and I have been through Paducah and it's not that big. I guess the thing is that if these guys want to keep making a living as musicians then sometimes they have to take what they can get. I just hope that they make sure to learn from Spinal Tap and assure that they get billed above the Puppet Show rather than below it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There hasn't been much of a resurgence for Hair Metal bands, no matter how hard VH1 pushes them.

5:14 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Fred- There's not a lot of people under 30 paying attention to these bands.

5:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

King's X was in Roanoke the other night, playing at Awful Arthur's, and several years ago, I saw both Foghat(without Lonesome Dave) and BTO(with only Randy Bachman) play at a hole in the wall club. I guess, if you need the dough, you'll play almost anywhere.

6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home