Friday, February 10, 2006

What's up with Metal Mark?

Next Wednesday my wonderful paternity leave ends and I have to go back to work (boo!). I have also accepted a new position and will be starting that in about two weeks. It's working for the same organization I work for now, but it is way closer. The downside is I have to take a pay cut to move closer to home, but I decided to make the move. After gas prices and other expenses the difference isn't that great, but my drive will be 1/4 of what it is now and I will love to have that extra with my kids instead of spending it in traffic. These two things may cause me to post less here or shorten my posts, but I will be trying to post as regular as possible.
I also plan on making next week movie week. That's right the time machine is going to the movies and I will be reviewing 4-5 metal related movies plus some other special writings related to metal movies. I plan on doing my reviews relating to one of my favorite films of all time. That would be the Good, the Bad and the Ugly. So I give a brief description of the plot of the film then I will briefly list what was good, bad and ugly about the film and then give it some kind of final grade or score. You may be asking how bad and ugly differ from each other. Well my interpretation will be that bad is something in the film where I understood what they were trying to do, but it just didn't work. Ugly would be something where the makers of the film should have known better than to even try it or put it in their film. Movie week will start on Sunday so get your soda, popcorn and whatever else and get ready.

8 Comments:

Blogger David Amulet said...

Enjoy your return to "life" as the rest of us know it. I hope your transition back into the working world is smooth and pain-free.

-- david

4:17 AM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

I love when the play the themesong from ' The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly' before Metallica hits the stage. It rocks!!!

4:22 AM  
Blogger UnHoly Diver said...

At first, I thought you said you were going to review the movie "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly"...

6:16 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

Bruce-Sorry for the confusion. I do love the Good, the bad and the ugly as it's probably in my top ten films of all time. When I ready to start a blog, I did breifly consider doing it about movies from the 50-70's or tv shows from the 60's-80's because I love all of those things too, but I finally decided to write about metal.

The movie line-up will include: Wayne's World
Rockstar
Airheads
Trick or treat

And it may include Decline of western civilization 2, but I would need to find time to watch my vhs tape of it since it is not out on dvd and I have not seen it in several years.

7:01 AM  
Blogger Metal Mark said...

I forgot to mention one very important part of my movie reviews. That is that I will breifly look at whether or not this film was respectful to metal and it's fans or not.

7:08 AM  
Blogger KC said...

Sounds like an interesting concept. I'll be checking back.

Hey, I have the theme from The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly as a ringtone on my phone. Love it!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Pixie said...

Mark , its horrible to go back to work after a break , but the BIG upside is that you wont be stuck in lots of traffic everyday and as you said not going as far will save you money and you get to spend more time with the kids =)

3:50 PM  
Blogger :P fuzzbox said...

Hey, I found a post that you might like. http://westtexasrocks.blogspot.com/

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home