Thursday, June 30, 2005

Top ten of 1985

This is going to be a very short post and it is more of a notice. I am actually just wanting to write something now and the other topics that I am working may take a few days to finish. Over the next few months I am planning on listening to a lot of metal albums from 1985 with the objective being to establish my current top 10 metal/hard rock albums of 1985. I have a top 10 now, but I want to go back and listen to these albums and other contenders and determine who really deserves a spot on this list and why. My belief my current top 10 of 85 will look a whole lot different than it did twenty years go. I will post this list in December after my record review for that month. This will give me an ongoing project to work that is in the same style as my reviews. My hope is this will cause me to really re-evaluate my opinions and to become a better listener because now I will actually have to justify my opinions in print. So who knows, an album that I have known for years might suddenly make my top ten for that year or an old favorite may not hold up and it may very fall out of my top ten.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ray Van Horn, Jr. said...

Sounds killer, Mark. I like the scientific approach of this.

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home